Welcome to Auckland Embroiderers’ Guild
COVID-19 and meetings
We follow Covid-19 rules.
Scheduled meetings are cancelled when they fall during levels 3 and 4.
We are a friendly community of embroiderers who meet regularly to have fun and share our experiences, knowledge, ideas, successes and challenges in creating beautiful things with needle and thread. New members of all ages and abilities are welcome. We are based in Central Auckland (Mt Eden), New Zealand .
The Guild is affiliated to Embroidery NZ the New Zealand organisation for all embroidery guilds.
- monthly meetings that include speakers and mini-workshops
- stitching groups where you can hone your skills while you enjoy a chat with like-minded people
- access to a comprehensive library of embroidery books and specialist tools to borrow.
- workshops and regional events.
- an annual display of members’ work
- a community of congenial embroidery enthusiasts.
- a juniors holiday programme.
We help members develop a good repertoire of basic stitches to use according to their interests and abilities. Our members apply these to traditional, contemporary, simple or complex, pre-designed and original projects.
Since 1972, hundreds of members have joined us to foster and encourage the embroidery arts. There is a niche for everyone and you choose how you want to participate.
To join and find information on the location of the Guild premises see the contact page.