Each year there are local and national challenges, with the entries displayed at exhibitions or online.
- Elizabeth Ellett Challenge 2021 – This must be principally an embroidered piece – any technique, any size, any design source completed since September 2020. The theme for the Elizabeth Ellett Challenge 2021 is Cushions
- Own Design Award An embroidered piece in any technique, size or medium . The design and execution must be the submitter’s own work. This year’s theme is an embellished wearable garment.
- President’s Challenge Award 2021 for Cross Stitch – from any source e.g. book, kit, workshop, chart or own design.
Great Escape Challenges
The Great Escape Weekend of Stitch includes a general exhibition. There are three categories of work: The challenges are:
- Traditional counted work,
- Innovative work
- Themed work ‘Somewhere over the Rainbow’.
Please check out the Great Escape Exhibition page for more details and submission dates.
ANZEG Challenges 2021
ANZEG PostBag Challenge: Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend
This challenge for embroidery and / or mixed media is open to all textile artists.
Details and entry forms can be found at www.embroiderynz.co.nz/education
The Registration form and payment are due 2 July 2021.
The embroidery with completed Entry form is due Friday July 31 2021.
A month-by-month sampler challenge in support of the 2022 ANZEG Conference in Tauranga. Commencing March 2021.
See ANZEG Website for details
ANZEG 2022 Conference Challenges
- Contemporary: Abundance
- Traditional: Plentiful
- Founders: Opulence
- Young Persons: Oodles
Embroidery Modules and Diploma programme
Through the ANZEG Education programme, anyone can enrol in the Embroidery Modules and Diploma programme.
ANZEG Modules Courses are designed to encourage the self-development of any stitcher (not only Guild members). They provide a wide range of embroidery techniques to explore. Some students have formed a group and have worked through their modules together and if you wish, a mentor can be appointed to help guide you – but however you choose to do it, this can be an exciting voyage of discovery.
The syllabus, giving more detailed information about the Embroidery Modules and Diploma courses is available to ANZEG members for $20. For more information or to buy a copy of the work book, please contact:
Paula Hucklesby ANZEG’s Embroidery Modules Co-ordinator email: email@example.com